Monday, March 16, 2009

My Cousin, Jensen the Violinist

Date: 8th March 2009
Venue: University Cultural Centrel, NUS

I am always a big fans of Ochestra and my love to it all started at very young age. My friend was a violionist and he played for a local Jazz Band, which is also the only "Ochestra band" we have in town. They used to perfom once a year for fund raising or any other reason that wasn't told.

When the season comes, he would carry the tickets and force us to buy. Back then, RM10 is really big... sorry.. HUGE...  I was given pocket money RM1 per day and RM10 equal to my 10 days "mee goreng + keropok ayam + jus oren". Items break down, 

Mee Goreng = RM0.50
Keropok Ayam = RM0.20
Jus Oren = RM0.30
 
Yeah, it was cheap... :) By taking away that from my daily recess period would mean I have to starve in the classroom. Pity huh?? But he never fail to put the ticket into my pocket with a return of my RM10 in his hand... I wonder why was I so stupid... haha~! Ok.. that was the 1st Ochestra i attended.

Fast forward...... My cousin, Jensen. He started off with piano.. Oh ya, he is also a good pianist. :) He plays really nice piano and he can be quite emo when his hands are on the piano keys. I always tell him that I am very proud of him and in fact, yes I do.. I love music but I can't play any single music instruments and that's something that really kick me hard. It is not that I am not given chance to take up courses but it was me being so lazy... blame no one.. :| Whenever i went to my cousin house, he would be playing piano and me? I would be building my LEGO house.. haha.. and guess that mould us into who we are...

Last weekend, he invited me to his Uni's Jazz Band perfomance. His uni is quite far from my place but to show my support, I turned out on his big day~!! I brought my camera along and only was told flash is not allowed. Gosh..... sorry couz~!!!


2 comments:

Mau Horng, 茅鸿 said...

So, it's time to get D700 + 50mm f1.4 or 85mm f1.4 ...

Flash not needed anymore ... ^^

Anonymous said...

Who's that pretty girl in d middle bro? Intro to me man~~~